Enhance your automotive company’s productivity, streamline cargo and gain a competitive advantage with Georgia’s skilled workforce, robust tax incentives and unparalleled cargo transportation network.
Click below to explore Georgia’s automotive ecosystem.
- 1. Prime Southeastern Location
Georgia has a prime location for serving Southeastern OEMs.
- 2. CONNECTING AUTOMOTIVE SUPPLIERS
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is the world’s most efficient airport offering flights to more than 150 U.S. cities and 75 international destinations.
- Port of Savannah is the leading eastern seaboard auto part import center
- Port of Brunswick is the fastest growing auto port in the Southeast
- 80% of nation’s consumer markets are within a two-day drive, or two-hour flight
- 3. Top-Ranked Workforce
Your company’s success depends on recruiting, training and retaining quality talent. Workforce training and education are at the top of the list to help your business grow in Georgia.
- 6.4 million working-age population (ages 18-64)
- 300,000 skilled production workers
- Right-to-work and employment-at-will state
- Low unionization rate of 4.6% in transportation equipment manufacturing (2015)
- The High Demand Career Initiative is state-funded for specific programs of study in high-demand career areas, like mechatronics and precision machining, that may pay 100% of a student’s technical college tuition.
Ranked No.1 in the U.S. for workforce training by Area Development Magazine, Georgia Quick Start is the premier partner for developing and delivering a strategic workforce. Training is customized to each company’s unique process, equipment and culture, and is provided at no charge to eligible new and expanding companies by the Technical College System of Georgia. Learn more at GeorgiaQuickStart.org.
- 4. Low Cost of Doing Business
- Low corporate tax rate of 6%
- Consistent AAA credit rating from all three agencies for the past twenty years