Energy Solutions and Environment Business
Georgia’s energy solutions providers can accelerate the development of renewable energy products, lower risk and reduce costs with access to innovative industry research, renewable natural resources and alternative energy crops, a global logistics “super network” and smart tax incentives.
BRIGHT FUTURE FOR ENERGY INDUSTRY
- GE Energy, Mitsubishi Turbines, EFACEC, Exide Technologies, and Suniva are just a few of the many energy companies that have operations in the state.
- Georgia Biomass LLC has the world’s largest renewable energy capacity of wood pellets.
- Georgia Tech is home to the University Center of Excellence for Photovoltaics Research and Education, one of two in the U.S.
- Ranked first in the nation in the percentage of electric vehicle registrations.
- 7th largest metro Clean-Tech economy in the nation boasting over 43,000 jobs.
- Learn more about solar energy in Georgia. (PDF)
- Learn more about the energy industry in Georgia. (PDF)
Energy solutions providers in Georgia will:
- Mitigate business risk with our expertise in real estate, corporate tax, labor, transportation and access to air, rail and ports.
- Save time and start-up costs using facilities with clean rooms that can be modified for solar production.
- Lower operating costs with inexpensive manufacturing and technology facilities.
- Accelerate smart grid systems development with the resources of the Technology Association of Georgia’s (TAG) Smart Energy Society.
- Access research and development resources such as privately owned timberland, logging contractors and the Herty Advanced Materials Development Center.
- Maintain environmental industry best practices with Master Timber Harvester-certified timber harvesters and procurement foresters.
- Expand globally by exporting biomass through the Port of Brunswick and transporting wind energy cargo through the Port of Savannah.
- Increase productivity with a skilled workforce and customized workforce education programs that address industry needs.
- Connect with industry leaders through the Metro Atlanta Chamber’s Clean Tech Leadership Council.
Learn more about energy solution providers and clean energy firms in Georgia.